"A collaborative teacher professional development project to improve middle school science education in New York City", R.N. Steinberg, I. Salame, and G. Borman, New York State Department of Education, Teachers Leader Quality Partnership, TLQP- xxx 12 (2012-2015).
"The Phase I Robert Noyce Scholarship Program at CCNY: Expanding the Teacher Academy Program for STEM Education in Urban Schools", D. Stylianou, Y. Wyner, I. Salame, and R.N. Steinberg, National Science Foundation, DUE-1245037 (2012-2017).
"CLUSTER: Investigating a new model partnership for teacher preparation,"
R.N. Steinberg, F. Raia, B. Flugman, B. Schroder, and P. Gupta, National
Science Foundation, ESI-055269 (2006-2012).
Full time High School science teacher (while on sabbatical), Harlem, New York City (2007-2008).
"Physics education research-based reform at a multicultural institution,"
R.N. Steinberg, National Science Foundation, DUE-0310799 (2003-2006).
"Redefining the teaching
of applied quantum physics through the
dissemination of a proven reform,"
R.N. Steinberg and M.C, Wittmann,
Department of Education FIPSE grant P116B000300 (2000-2004).
Physics Education Research Conference 2000: Teacher Education University of Guelph,
Planning committee: R.N. Steinberg (chair), Robert Beichner, Constantinos P.
Constantinou, David Hammer, Seth Rosenberg August 2-3, 2000
"Understanding science: The influence of computers in college physics
R.N. Steinberg, National Academy of Education Postdoctoral Spencer
"Physics Outreach Program"
- "An inquiry into science education, where the rubber meets the road,"
R.N. Steinberg, Rotterdam, NL: Sense Publishing (2011).
- "The twin twin paradox: Exploring student approaches to understanding relativistic concepts,"
S. Cormier and R.N. Steinberg, Phys. Teach. 48, 598-601 (2010).
- "CLUSTER: University-Science Center Partnership for Science Teacher Preparation,"
L.J. Saxman, P. Gupta, and R.N. Steinberg, The New Educator. 6, 280-296 (2010).
- "Probing student understanding of scientific thinking in the context of introductory
R.N. Steinberg, , S. Cormier and A. Fernandez, Phys. Rev. ST Phys. Educ. Res. 5, 020104 (2009).
- "Away from the ivory tower: Real challenges teaching high school physics in an urban environment,
R.N. Steinberg, invited article in
Forum on Education Newsletter, American Physical Society (Fall, 2008).
- "Activity-Based Tutorials: Vol. 1. Introductory Physics," and
"Activity-Based Tutorials: Vol. 2. Modern Physics,"
M.C. Wittmann, R.N.
Steinberg, and E.F. Redish, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (2004).
- "Effects of computer-based laboratory instruction on future
teachers' understanding of the nature of science,"
R.N. Steinberg, J. Comp.
Math. Sci. Teach. 23:1, 185-205 (2004).
- "Physics education research-based reform at a multicultural
R.N. Steinberg and K. Donnelly, Phys. Teach. 40, 108-114 (2002).
- "Investigating student understanding of quantum physics:
Spontaneous models of conductivity,"
M.C. Wittmann, R.N. Steinberg, and E.F.
Redish, Am. J. Phys. 70, 218-226 (2002).
- "Research-based instructional software in modern physics,"
Steinberg and G.E. Oberem, J. Comp. Math. Sci. Teach. 19:2, 115-136 (2000).
- "Computers in teaching science: To simulate or not to simulate?"
R.N. Steinberg, Phys. Ed. Res. Suppl. to Am. J. Phys. 68, S37-S41 (2000).
- "Teaching physics: Figuring out what works,"
E.F. Redish and R.N.
Steinberg, Phys. Today 52(1), 24-30 (1999).
- "An investigation of student understanding of single-slit
diffraction and double-slit interference,"
B.S. Ambrose, P.S. Shaffer, R.N.
Steinberg, and L.C. McDermott, Am. J. Phys. 67, 146-155 (1999).