Math 308 - Bridge to Advanced Mathematics
Instructor: Prof. Santoro
E-mail: bsantoro (at sign) ccny.cuny.edu
Office: NAC 4-112B
Phone: 212 650 5165
Office Hours: Tuesdays, 11 - 12pm.
- Extended Office Hours: Tuesday, Dec 15, 10am to 12pm, and Monday, Dec 21, 10am to 12pm and 4pm to 8pm.
- To prepare for the Final Exam, the Homework page has a list of suggested problems -- remember to review all definitions. Also, here are the Final Exam, Fall 2009 and Final Exam, Fall 2013.
- Exam 3 Solutions.
- Exam 2 Solutions.
- Solution to selected problems from chapter 6.
- Our next Quiz will be on Tuesday, October 27.
- Chapter 3 hw solutions.
- Here is the .py file for the Sept 29 lecture: click HERE.
- Exam 1 material: chapters 1 to 4 of CPZ.
- The first programming assignment is already available on Blackboard and at the Homework page.
Quiz 2 Solutions
- The Final Exam date is December 22, 2015, from 8am to 10:15am, in our classroom (NAC6/114).
Quiz 1 Solutions
- September 17, 2015: Colloquium talk by Prof. Katherine St. John (City University of New York & American Museum of Natural History). Please check here for the time and location of the talk.
Undergraduates in mathematics, computer science, and biology are encouraged to attend. With Prof. Megan Owen, Prof. St. John is running a research experience program for undergraduates (funded by the NSF REU program) beginning this fall. The program meets on Fridays during the fall and has a $3000 stipend. Students can continue during January (for an additional $2000 stipend). See this site for more information.
- The second course textbook is available for download for free while you are on campus. Visit Kenneth A. Ross - Elementary Analysis: The Theory of Calculus.