Northeast Regional Model Theory Day
March 4, 2017 at Guttman College (CUNY)
Will Boney (Harvard University), Sebastien Vasey (Carnegie Mellon University), Douglas Ulrich (University of Maryland), Alf Dolich (Kingsborough Community College and CUNY Graduate center)
Saturday talks will be in room 40-403 at Guttman College (50 W 40th St, New York, NY).
Picture ID is required to enter the building.
Just about every subway line stops nearby, and there are many (not cheap) public parking lots within a few blocks.
If you're here Friday, stop by the CUNY Graduate Center (365 5th Ave, New York, NY) for
- 11:30am: Lunch at Simit Sarayi (435 5th Ave)
- 1pm: Will Boney Enlightening examples of Abstract Elementary Classes (AECs)
- 1:45pm: Sebastien Vasey Superstability in AECs
- 2:30: Douglas Ulrich Keisler's order
- 4pm: Alf Dolich
- 5:30pm: Dinner
If you're here Sunday morning, join us for brunch and informal discussion (place and time to be determined by interested parties on Saturday).
- 10 - 11:30am: Gunter Fuchs will speak in the Set Theory Seminar in room 6417,
about Weak bounded forcing axioms and remarkably reflecting cardinals.
- around noon: Logicians have lunch in the cafeteria on the 8th floor of the Graduate Center.
- 12:30 - 2pm somebody will likely speak in the Model Theory Seminar, room 6417
- 2pm - 3:30pm: Will Boney will speak in the Logic Workshop, room 6417,
about Model-theoretic characterizations of large cardinals.
- later: Logicians have beer at The Gingerman (11 E 36th St, New York, NY)